Thought for the day
Happiness in believing is possibly out of fashion and even out of sync with the times. And yet, engagement with the Good News should surely lead to a profound happiness, even exuberance. Just because we don’t feel it all the time doesn’t mean it isn’t real! The joy of the Gospel is part of who we are.
God As we place our trust in you,
as we are loved by you and love you in return, unlock our hearts that we may know true and lasting joy in believing.
THE PAROCHIAL NOTICE
- LAST WEEKEND’S FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS
Collection R 5047.20 Planned Giving R 4 950.00
Southern Cross R 108.00
- From August 26th until September 27th Rohan will be taking his Annual leave.
- On Saturday, 14th September Holy Hour at 17h00 at Villa Maria Shrine. To pray for all priests of the Archdiocese of Cape Town. All welcome.
- Please note the next House Mass will be hosted by Michael and Eloise Baker at 13 Bath Street, Tamboerskloof at 19h00 on Thursday, 19th
- EARLY NOTIFICATION OF INCREASED ACTIVITY AND ROAD CLOSURES FOR THE SANLAM CAPE TOWN MARATHON on Sunday 15th September 2019.
- The Encore Chamber Choir will be hosting a Concert on Sunday 29th September at 12h00 in the Cathedral. Tickets are R50.00 per person and will be on sale at the door.
- On Sunday, 13th October the Cape Town Chamber Choir will be singing at the 10h00 Mass at the Cathedral.
Please note that if it is your intention to get married in the Catholic Church, you need to give the Church at least SIX MONTHS notice of your intention to do so. Please contact the Cathedral office to set up an appointment with one of the Cathedral clergy to complete the Pre-Nuptial Enquiry and to arrange the required Marriage Preparation Classes.
The Banns of Upcoming Marriages
28th September at 14h00 Jason Williams & Maunique Naidoo
PLEASE NOTE THE FORTHCOMING EVENTS
- This week in The Southern Cross – SA doctors refuse to do abortions / Journey from soccer star to priiesthood / First Knock miracle confirmed / Surprises on Marist pilgrimage / Story of faith: Mary’s always with me.
- Retrouvaille:A Weekend Away Can Give Your Marriage a Chance. Retrouvaille is a marriage help programme that gives couples the opportunity to take time out, to get away, and examine their lives together in a real and realistic way. It is based on the belief that marriage is the most significant relationship on earth and is worth investing your time, energy and efforts to make it the best it can be. The weekend is more worthwhile than can ever be explained. For confidential information about Retrouvaille, or to register for the next weekend which will take place in Cape Town from the 13thto 15th September visit the web site at helpourmarriage.com or phone 074 175 7523 and we will help you.
- From Friday 20 September to Monday 23 September, the Open Mosque will be holding its 4th Annual Interfaith Retreat in Greyton. The topic of the retreat is The Concept Of Justice Within The Abrahamic Faiths. The cost will be R1500 for the entire retreat, all-inclusive. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 824-1400, 082 829-4547
- On the Tuesday, 24th September the Schoenstatt Movement would like to invite you – especially all young Catholics to the annual Shrine Pilgrimage. The theme of the Pilgrimage is “Renew your heart-renew the Church.” For Further Information please contact: Marcel Barry on 021 705 2119/083 454 2209 or Clement Nicolls on 021 715 1853/082 451 3286. Copy of programme on notice board.
- The next weekend Catholic Engaged Encounter, 28th to 29th September held at St Joseph’s Montana. Bookings to be made by email: email@example.com