Thought for the day
In our deepest selves, each of us is a mystery: Where do I come from? Where am I going? Why am I here? How should I live? The risk in our present culture is to sleepwalk through life, to be satisfied with a merely material existence. But the human “project” is much greater. Each of us is really on a pilgrimage, or better on a quest — a quest to become my true self, in the image and likeness of God. My truest self is found by being open to God, in whom we live and move and have our being. By following that star, by listening to our conscience and inner selves, we come home to God.
THE PAROCHIAL NOTICES
- LAST WEEKEND’S FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS
Collection R 10 248, 90 Planned Giving R 10 827, 76
New Year’s R 5 782, 00
Thank you for your generosity and support!
- THE SACRAMENT OF BAPTISM – Our next Baptism will be celebrated in the Cathedral on Sunday, 02ND FEBRUARY 2020 at the 10h00 Mass. The date of the Preparation class will be on Thursday 30th January at 19h00. Should you wish to baptize your child please arrange an appointment with the Priest before then.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SHONA MASS FOR JANUARY 2020 will be on Sunday 12th January at 11h45
Please note that if it is your intention to get married in the Catholic Church, you need to give the Church at least SIX MONTHS notice of your intention to do so. Please contact the Cathedral office to set up an appointment with one of the Cathedral clergy to complete the Pre-Nuptial Enquiry and to arrange the required Marriage Preparation Classes.
PLEASE NOTE THE FORTHCOMING EVENTS
- CANADIAN CHOIR CONCERT AT THE CATHEDRAL ON WEDNESDAY 15th JANUARY 2020 at 19h00. Tickets are R100 per person. The 30 member choir is composite of two choirs, Song Routes and Village Harmony. They will be touring South Africa between 06th – 18th January 2020.
- THE SAINT VINCENT DE PAUL SOCIETY OF THE PARISH urgently requires non-perishable food and toiletries for their pantry. Any assistance in that regard will be greatly appreciated. Please contact Mrs Gail Bester, Local President of the SVP on 072 591 8812.
- CATECHISM REGISTRATION FOR 2020 will take place on Sunday 12th January from 08h30 – 09h30 in the Leslie Johnson Memorial Centre. Copies of Birth Certificates, Baptismal Certificates, FHC Certificates and Transfer Letters must be brought along.
- PARISH FINANCE COUNCIL MEETING on Wednesday 29th January 2020 at 19h00.
- PARISH PASTORAL COUNCIL MEETING ON Thursday 30th January 2020 at 19h00.