Thought for the day
Today we honour those holy men and women who have gone before us in faith and have done so in a glorious way. Those who have gone before us and now share in the glories of Heaven, in the Beatific Vision, are not gone. Sure, we do not see them and we cannot necessarily hear them speak to us in the physical way they did while on Earth. But they are not gone at all. St. Thérèse of Lisieux said it best when she said, “I want to spend my Heaven doing good on Earth.” The saints in Heaven are in full union with God and make up the Communion of Saints in Heaven, the Church Triumphant! What’s important to note, however, is that even though they are enjoying their eternal reward, they are still very much concerned about us.
Lord, as the saints in Heaven adore You for eternity, we beg for their intercession. Saints of God, please come to our aide. Pray for us and bring us the grace we need to live a holy life in imitation of your own lives. All saints of God, pray for us. Jesus, I trust in You!
THE PAROCHIAL NOTICES
- LAST WEEKEND’S FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS
Collection R 8 646, 10 Planned Giving R 7 218, 88
Southern Cross R 96, 00 Calendars R 130, 00
Thank you for your generosity and support!
- Please Note that there will be a SECOND COLLECTION this weekend in support of the Prison Care and Support Network.
- THE SACRAMENT OF BAPTISM – Our next Baptism will be celebrated in the Cathedral on Sunday, 01st December at the 10h00 Mass. Preparation class will take place on the Thursday, 28th November at 19h00 in the precincts of the Cathedral Office. Should you wish to baptize your child please arrange an appointment with the Priest before then.
- Pontifical Mission Society Liturgical Calendars for 2020 are on sale now at R20 each.
- CATHEDRAL MORTUARY LIST – For the whole month of November, starting on the 02nd, parishioners will be given the opportunity to submit the names of their departed loved ones to renew the list of the Faithful Departed. Weekly Holy Masses are offered for their repose. Please submit these and a stipend in the envelopes that will be provided to any of the Cathedral Clergy or alternatively in the collection basket on the weekends.
- There will be a HOUSE MASS, followed by a Bring and Share Supper, at the home of Margie Cook (14A Deerpark Drive) on Thursday, 07 November at 19h00. All are welcome.
ST MARY’S PRIMARY SCHOOL has launched a Breakfast Club, feeding the learners nutritious e’Pap and fruit before school starts in the morning. They are in need of and would welcome helping hands between 08h00 and 09h00. If you are able to assist one morning a week, please contact Aletta on 076 324 6292.
AN URGENT NOTICE
Please note that due to the Challenge Cape Town We Are Triathlon on Sunday 10th November there will a road closures in and around the CBD, including roads leading to the Cathedral
THE BANNS OF MARRIAGE
07th Dec at 14h00 Sean Ferrier & Faranaaz Miller
14th Dec at 09h00 Matthew Thyssen & Michaele Theunis
14th Dec at 14h00 Luis Carlos Yerena Contreras & Elrechia Michaels
28th Dec at 15h00 Luigi Di Martino & Heather Ford (Convalidation)
Please note that if it is your intention to get married in the Catholic Church, you need to give the Church at least SIX MONTHS notice of your intention to do so. Please contact the Cathedral office to set up an appointment with one of the Cathedral clergy to complete the Pre-Nuptial Enquiry and to arrange the required Marriage Preparation Classes.
PLEASE NOTE THE FORTHCOMING EVENTS
- NAZARETH HOUSE ‘BOOKS AND BLING’ FUNDRAISER on 09th November from 09h00 until 14h00. The Nazareth Sisters invites you to come and browse our selection of Jewellery and Books Something for everyone including Coffee and Sweet Treats stalls on the day.
- The Bellville Catholic Charismatic Prayer Group will be hosting a HEALING AND DELIVERANCE CONFERENCE at Our Lady of Fatima Community Hall on 14th – 16th December 2019 from 09h00 until 17h00. Costs are R100 per person and for further information contact either Susan Hartzenberg on 072 202 0470 or Druscilla van Niekerk on 082 409 4378.
- FESTIVAL OF CAROLS AND LESSONS in the Cathedral on Sunday 22nd December at 18h30