- SAINT VINCENT DE PAUL SOCIETY urgently needs new members. If you are willing and able please contact Stephen Penso on 021 425 4115 or 083 994 3807.
- LAST WEEKEND’S COLLECTIONS Collections R 11 167, 20 Planned Giving R 8 580, 00 Southern Cross R 80, 00 Priest Provident R 3 255, 80
- ROSARY RALLY – On Saturday 14th October at 12h00 over 1000 groups are gathering nationwide to pray the Rosary commemorating the centenary of the Miracle of the Sun in Fatima. Please join us at Villa Maria at 11h45 to participate in the national prayer movement.
- EXTRAORDINARY SECOND COLLECTION – This weekend’s second collection is going towards the farewell and welcome celebrations of Fr. Bernard Makore and Fr. Celestine Okekeofojebe respectively. Thank you for your generosity in this regard.
- THE SOUTHERN CROSS – Why a Bishop uses humour on social media; Garden named after a popular priest; Fatima’s Miracle of the Sun; Perrier: How old bones inspired me; 10 Commandments of behaving on the Internet. THIS WEEK’S EDITORIAL: Rebellion in the Church
- The monthly Covenant Mass will be celebrated on Wednesday 18th October at 19h30 in the Schoenstatt Shrine at Villa Maria.
- PLEASE NOTE: THE CARDINAL VAUGHN SCHOLA CANTORUM, BASED IN KENSINGTON IN LONDON will be on a South African Tour for the first time, commencing on 20th They will be singing at the 18h00 Holy Mass in the Cathedral on Saturday 28th October.
- FIRST COMMUNION will be celebrated in the Cathedral on Sunday 29th October at the 10h00 Holy Mass.
- PLEASE NOTE: There will be a Midday Concert in the Cathedral on Sunday 12th The cost of the ticket is R50 per person. Looking forward to your support.
NEW HYMNBOOKS – As a matter of urgency, because of the current state of the hymnbooks in the Cathedral, with pages missing and the books being in a bad state of repair we will need to replace the current batch with 500 new hymnbooks. Since the hymnbooks are only printed in England the cost of a hymnal is about R140 each; which means we have to raise R72 500.
If individuals or families which to make donations towards this fundraising drive, please deposit the monies into the Cathedral Restoration Account with the reference HB followed by either your Planned Giving Number or Surname.
Here are the banking details: Name A/c St Mary’s Cathedral Restoration
Bank Standard Bank
Type A/c Current Account
Branch Nº 02 09 09
Account Nº 070 624 623