- LAST WEEKEND’S COLLECTIONS
- Collections R 4 750,00 Planned Giving R 1 860,00 Southern Cross R 80,00
- SAINT VINCENT DE PAUL – Urgently calling on all interested persons who would be willing to serve in the SVP. Please contact Stephen Penso on 021 425 4115 or 083 994 3807.
- ECCLESIA – Are we brave enough to examine our history? We do need to be! Please join us as we look back at 200 years of the Catholic Church in Southern Africa. To join an Ecclesia group for the four weeks, please contact Ninette Irakoze 0739632556, Margie Cook 0824618607 or Michael Baker 0824938493
- COVENANT MASS – The monthly Covenant Mass will be celebrated on Monday, 18th September at the Villa Maria Shrine at 19h30. All are most encouraged to attend.
- MONTHLY PILGRIM DEVOTION – On Sunday, 24th September at 15h30 at the Schoenstatt Shrine.
- BAPTISM – The Next Date for Baptism is 01st October at 10h00 Holy Mass. Parents and guardians please register your children for baptism through the Cathedral Office before then.
- THE SOUTHERN CROSS – Bishop resigns over health concerns; Pope Francis reveals his mind; How SA’s Church expanded; Lessons from an unrequited crush; Would you watch Jesus on Reality TV?; THIS WEEK’S EDITORIAL: Erasing the Cross.
- PLEASE NOTE that Bernard Makore will be away for his annual leave from Monday 18th September until Friday 20th October.
- CLERGY CHANGES IN THE ARCHDIOCESE – On 14th September the Archbishop published clergy changes in the Archdiocese. Included in these changes is the appointment of Father Bernard Makore as the new assistant priest in Stellenbosch parish effective on 23rd September 2017. Furthermore, Reverend Father Celestine Okekeofojebe has been appointed the new assistant in the Cathedral parish also effective on Monday 23rd October.
- PLEASE NOTE: There will be a Midday Concert in the Cathedral on Sunday 12th November 2017. The cost of the ticket is R50 per person. Looking forward to your support.
NEW HYMNBOOKS – As a matter of urgency, because of the current state of the hymnbooks in the Cathedral, with pages missing and the books being in a bad state of repair we will need to replace the current batch with 500 new hymnbooks, namely THE CELEBRATIONAL HYMNAL FOR EVERYONE. Since the hymnbooks are only printed in England the cost of a hymnal is about R140 each; which means we have to raise R72 500.
If individuals or families which to make donations towards this fundraising drive, please deposit the monies into the Cathedral Restoration Account with the reference HB followed by either your Planned Giving Number or Surname.
Here are the banking details:
Name St Mary’s Cathedral Restoration
Bank Standard Bank
Type A/c Current Account
Branch Nº 02 09 09
Account Nº 070 624 623