THE PAROCHIAL NOTICES
- LAST WEEKEND’S FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS
Collection R 14 209, 60 Planned Giving R10 688, 88
Southern Cross R 108, 00 Holy Childhood R 3 268, 50
Thank you for your generosity and support!
- DUE TO THE OPENING OF PARLIAMENT on 13th FEBRUARY 2020, please note that the Chancery, Cathedral, Cathedral Offices and Precincts will be closed whole day.
- CATECHISTS MEETING on Wednesday 19th February at 18h30 in the Leslie Johnson Memorial Centre.
- THE SACRAMENT OF BAPTISM – Our next Baptism will be celebrated in the Cathedral on Sunday, 01st MARCH 2020 at the 08h45 and 10h00 Masses. The date of the Preparation class will be on Thursday 27th February at 19h00. Should you wish to baptize your child please arrange an appointment with the Priest before then.
- The Season of Lent begins on Wednesday 26th February 2020. Times of Masses in the various Mass Centres will be published in the forthcoming parish newsletter.
Please note that if it is your intention to get married in the Catholic Church, you need to give the Church AT LEAST SIX MONTHS NOTICE of your intention to do so. Please contact the Cathedral office to set up an appointment with one of the Cathedral clergy to complete the Pre-Nuptial Enquiry and to arrange the required Marriage Preparation Classes.
THE BANNS OF MARRIAGE
07th Mar at 13h30 Russell Kingwell & Sonia Nunes
09th Apr at 14h00 Chester Kruger & Lisa Schaffers
18th Apr at 10h30 Leslie Adigbo & Nnennia Ejebe
02nd May at 14h00 Carlo Caldeira & Genevieve da Silva
PLEASE NOTE THE FORTHCOMING EVENTS
- 22nd February at 10h00 Reverend Theo April will be Ordained to the Priesthood. The venue is Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, Parow. PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE NO MORNING CONFESSIONS ON THAT DAY!
- THE SAINT VINCENT DE PAUL SOCIETY OF THE PARISH urgently requires non-perishable food and toiletries for their pantry. Any assistance in that regard will be greatly appreciated. Please contact Mrs Gail Bester, Local President of the SVP on 072 591 8812.
- THE RCIA RITE OF ELECTION on Friday 28th February at 19h00 in the Cathedral.
- SUNDAY 16th February 2020 we in the Archdiocese commemorate the Day for the Sick, Aged and Physically Challenged. The venue is Schoenstatt Training Centre in Constantia. The day starts at 10h00 and Holy Mass will be celebrated by Rev. Fr. Hugh O’ Connor at 11h30 followed by the anointing of the Sick. All who wish to book the served lunch at the cost of R55-00, should inform the Training Centre by 10th February (021-794-3132). Those who prefer to bring their own picnic lunch, are welcome to do so. The “Day” will conclude with entertainment from 2.30 to 3.30 pm
- Are you feeling alone or disillusioned in your marriage? Need a lifeline, then come and experience a Retrouvaille weekend! When: 28 February – 01 March 2020 or Email: email@example.com or Contact : 074 175 7523
- NAZARETH HOUSE CAPE TOWN is looking for volunteers to help in the Charity Shop. If you can give them some of your time, they would be very grateful. Please contact the Sister Superior, Sr. Gladys Kubai CSN on 021 461 1635.
- ST MARY’S PRIMARY SCHOOL FEEDING SCHEME: The Good Start Trust (PBO No 930061524) would welcome our support of our parish school in any of the following ways:
- Donations of Full Cream Long-life Milk which can be dropped off at the School in Tuin Plein;
- EFT transfers to Standard Bank, Branch: 024109, Account No: 421322071 (with Beneficiary Reference St Mary’s + Your Name) in order to purchase e’Pap;
- Help with washing up from 08h00 to 09h00 on one or more days a week.
For more information contact Aletta on 076 324 6292.
PARISH FUNDRAISING PROJECT
We would like to draw your attention to the Fundraising Project for the Cathedral Parish. It is Liturgical in nature, specifically to raise funds to purchase new Cassocks and Surplices for the Altar Servers. We call on your generous support in the coming months.