Thought for the day
A life without wonder would be very barren indeed. Babies are great at wonder and good communicators (in whatever field, such as nature or cosmology) have kept an almost childlike sense of discovery. Our faith, too, gets its energy from a combination of wonder, discovery and, be times, perplexity. Some of the most inspiring passages in the Bible reflect this. For example, in Sirach 43, after an exhaustive review of the wonders of creation, the writer closes with the arresting words, We could say more but could never say enough; let the final word be: “He is the all.”
God of all creation, we stand before your handiwork in awe and gratitude. God of salvation, nothing can ever separate us from your love. God of our inner life, sustain our surprise!
THE PAROCHIAL NOTICE
- LAST WEEKEND’S FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS
Collection R 8 453.88 Planned Giving R 10 636.30
Southern Cross R 84.00
- From August 26th until September 27th Rohan will be taking his Annual leave.
- From September 2nd until September 11th Luigi will be attending the AGROP.
- On Sunday September 8th the Wits University Choir will be singing at the 10h00 Mass at the Cathedral
- On Saturday, 14th September Holy Hour at 17h00 at Villa Maria Shrine. To pray for all priests of the Archdiocese of Cape Town. All welcome.
- Please note the next House Mass will be hosted by Michael and Eloise Baker at 13 Bath Street, Tamboerskloof at 19h00 on Thursday, 19th September.
- EARLY NOTIFICATION OF INCREASED ACTIVITY AND ROAD CLOSURES FOR THE SANLAM CAPE TOWN MARATHON on Sunday 15th September 2019.
- On Sunday, 13th October the Cape Town Chamber Choir will be singing at the 10h00 Mass at the Cathedral.
Please note that if it is your intention to get married in the Catholic Church, you need to give the Church at least SIX MONTHS notice of your intention to do so. Please contact the Cathedral office to set up an appointment with one of the Cathedral clergy to complete the Pre-Nuptial Enquiry and to arrange the required Marriage Preparation Classes.
The Banns of Upcoming Marriages
28th September at 14h00 Jason Williams & Maunique Naidoo
PLEASE NOTE THE FORTHCOMING EVENTS
- This week in The Southern Cross– When Catholics stop believing Real Presence / Archbishop: Laity must lead evangelisation / The model of a beautiful woman / How the True Cross was found / Fr Rolheiser: Why getting older is a gift.
- Retrouvaille:A Weekend Away Can Give Your Marriage a Chance. Retrouvaille is a marriage help programme that gives couples the opportunity to take time out, to get away, and examine their lives together in a real and realistic way. It is based on the belief that marriage is the most significant relationship on earth and is worth investing your time, energy and efforts to make it the best it can be. The weekend is more worthwhile than can ever be explained. For confidential information about Retrouvaille, or to register for the next weekend which will take place in Cape Town from the 13thto 15th September visit the web site at helpourmarriage.com or phone 074 175 7523 and we will help you.
- TAIZE PILGRIMAGE:
The Taize Community are inviting local young people between the ages of 18 and 35 to join the Pilgrimage of Trust in Cape Town for the full programme from 25 – 29 September OR for evening prayer on those days OR for one day on Saturday, 28 September. Please contact Margie Cook on 082 461 8607 before 14 September.
- From Friday 20 September to Monday 23 September, the Open Mosque will be holding its 4th Annual Interfaith Retreat in Greyton. The topic of the retreat is The Concept Of Justice Within The Abrahamic Faiths. The cost will be R1500 for the entire retreat, all-inclusive. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 824-1400, 082 829-4547
- On the Tuesday, 24th September the Schoenstatt Movement would like to invite you – especially all young Catholics to the annual Shrine Pilgrimage. The theme of the Pilgrimage is “Renew your heart-renew the Church.” For Further Information please contact: Marcel Barry on 021 705 2119/083 454 2209 or Clement Nicolls on 021 715 1853/082 451 3286. Copy of programme on notice board.
The Cathedral Parish is completely committed to ensuring the safety of our children. For further information consult the website of the Archdiocese: adct.org.za using the Ministries Tab or contact our Parochial Coordinator, Margie Cook on 0824618607.