Thought for the day
How to be an evangeliser today? The question is not limited to so-called “professionals,” but forms part of the role and identity of every believer. It is, of course, not easy. The “marks” of bearers of the Good News surely include the following. Firstly, an awareness of the hungers of the human heart, recognised or not. Secondly, in a metaphorical way, to travel light, with little attachment. Thirdly, to do so confidently but not overbearingly. Fourthly, to do so joyfully. Finally, in the time-honoured phrase, to have an account of hope you have in you (1 Pet 3:15), when the appropriate moment for words opens up.
Help us, who have heard your Good News, to help others to be open to the Christ and his teaching, that people everywhere may know your salvation.
THE PAROCHIAL NOTICES
- LAST WEEKEND’S FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS
Collection R 8 887, 60 Planned Giving R 10 438, 88
Southern Cross R 96, 00
Dear Parishioners, the monthly projected income for the Cathedral Parish is R101 000. The Monthly income for June is R 60 658, 42 which is made up of R35 552, 90 (Collections) & R25 105, 52 (Planned Giving). So the shortfall for the month of June is R40 341, 58. At the end of our Financial Year 1st July – 30th June there was R1 909,09 in the Current Account of the Parish.
- Please note that this weekend’s second collection is in aid of PETER’S PENCE. Next weekend’s collection is in aid of the SEAFARERS and the work done by The Apostleship of the Sea.
- REGARDING NOMINATIONS FOR THE NEW PARISH PASTORAL COUNCIL – Parishioners are asked to nominate individuals who will stand for election in the new PPC. Before nominating anyone, please ask them first and then submit them either via email or telephonically. Nominees must be over 18, confirmed and in good standing in the community. Elections will be held in August.
- THE UPCOMING ORDINATIONS TO THE PRIESTHOOD AND THE TRANSITIONAL DIACONATE will take place on Saturday 10th August at 10h00 in Our Lady Help of Christians Catholic Church in Lansdowne. Joseph Malama Chimfwebe and Rev. Alfredo van der Schyff will be ordained to the Priesthood and Mr Theo Angelo April will be ordained to the Diaconate. As a result, there will be NO CONFESSIONS at 09h00 on Saturday 10th August
- EARLY NOTIFICATION OF INCREASED ACTIVITY AND ROAD CLOSURES FOR THE SANLAM CAPE TOWN MARATHON on Sunday 15th September 2019.
- THE WOMEN’S CHOIR FROM COLOGNE CATHEDRAL will be singing at the 17h00 Holy Mass in the Cathedral on Sunday 18th They will give a short concert after the Mass.
Please note that if it is your intention to get married in the Catholic Church, you need to give the Church at least SIX MONTHS notice of your intention to do so. Please contact the Cathedral office to set up an appointment with one of the Cathedral clergy to complete the Pre-Nuptial Enquiry and to arrange the required Marriage Preparation Classes.
The Banns of Upcoming Marriages
03rd August at 14h00 Charles Kampurira & Chinyaradzo Munodawafa Convalidation
Rudiger Moser & Kim Moser Convalidation
10th August at 10h30 Cameron-Scott McBean & Stephanie Farmer
28th September at 14h00 Jason Williams & Maunique Naidoo
PLEASE NOTE THE FORTHCOMING EVENTS
- MARRIAGE ENCOUNTER WEEKEND on 19 -21 July 2019. It is a weekend to gives couples an opportunity to rekindle the flames of romance. Just call Graham or Patuele on 084 502 3805 or 076 930 3818
- TAIZE PILGRIMAGE: The Taize Community here in Cape Town is hosting a pilgrimage from 25th to 29th September 2019. All parishes are supporting this initiative and our parish has been asked to host 30 to 50 young people from 18 to 35 years of age by giving them a place to sleep and a light breakfast. They will be collected from this area to be transported by bus to the pilgrimage venue in Rondebosch, where they will take part in a full day’s programme. They will be given lunch and supper there and be transported back to the parish at approximately 9 pm. If you able to accommodate at least 2 people please would you contact Margie Cook on 0824618607.
The Cathedral Parish is completely committed to ensuring the safety of our children. For further information consult the website of the Archdiocese: adct.org.za using the Ministries Tab or contact our Parochial Coordinator, Margie Cook on 0824618607.