Thought for the day
Traditionally, we have found it easy to think of the cross as the measure of God’s love for us. Because of the focus on the cross, we find it more difficult to think of the resurrection as also the love of God, perhaps “all the more so”! The originality of the Fourth Gospel says it all: the disciple Jesus loved, the head cloth recalling Lazarus (see how much he loved him) and, not least, the great figure of Mary Magdalene (Mary!). In summary, Jesus died and rose again for love of us.
Loving God, you love us more than we can imagine or take in. Help us to allow ourselves to be so loved by you, that your love may penetrate our hearts, our lives and our loves. We ask this through Jesus, who died and rose for love of us and who lives and reigns for ever and ever. Amen.
THE PAROCHIAL NOTICES
- LAST WEEKEND’S FINANCIAL CONTRIBUTIONS
Collections R 8 333, 40 Planned Giving R 3 370, 00
Southern Cross R 492, 40 Lenten Appeal R 5 339, 10
Candles R 1 751, 10
Thank you most sincerely for your generosity!
- PLEASE NOTE: A SPECIAL SECOND COLLECTION FOR THE VICTIMS OF CYCLONE IDAI next weekend, 27th & 28th
- THE SOUTHERN CROSS – Why the Resurrection was the real deal; Bishop Sipuka: ‘Don’t abuse the gift of car’; SA Chaplain: Now put Pope’s Youth Doc into action; The faith and love of Rwanda genocide couple; “Why I still want to be a priest” . THIS WEEK’S GUEST EASTER EDITORIAL: South Africa’s Exodus from Egypt!
- DIVINE MERCY SUNDAY this year is celebrated on 28th The Divine Mercy Feast will be celebrated at Corpus Christi Catholic Church, Wynberg. Confessions will be at 14h00, the Holy Hour will commence at 15h00 and the Holy Mass of the Feast will commence at 16h00.
- THE SACRAMENT OF CONFIRMATION is celebrated on 16th June at 10h00
- THE SACRAMENT OF FIRST HOLY COMMUNION is celebrated on 23rd June at 10h00
- The Women’s Choir from Cologne Cathedral will be singing at the 17h00 Holy Mass in the Cathedral on Sunday 18th They will give a short concert after the Mass.
The Banns of Upcoming Marriages
04th May @ 10h00 Tomas Chamaunga & Mary Washa Convalidation
@ 14h00 Michael Carroll & Janitta Brandes
25th May @ 14h00 Ivan Joubert & Zahnne Fullerton
08th June @ 17h30 Roberto Berardo & Christina Lubrani
03rd August @ 14h00 Rudiger Moser & Kim Moser Convalidation
Please note that if it is your intention to get married in the Catholic Church, you need to give the Church at least SIX MONTHS notice of your intention to do so. Please contact the Cathedral office to set up an appointment with one of the Cathedral clergy to complete the Pre-Nuptial Enquiry and to arrange the required Marriage Preparation Classes.
PLEASE NOTE THE FORTHCOMING EVENTS
* Please note that Fr Luigi Benigni will be away as part of his annual leave from Sunday the 28th April until Monday the 13th May 2019