The Thought for the Day
Hospitality is deeply embedded in human nature and to say someone is hospitable is a welcome compliment. It is no accident that Jesus made use of table fellowship to give people a concrete experience of the indiscrimi-nate love and universal compassion of God. When we celebrate the Lord’s Supper, we experience again that proclamation of the Kingdom. We join our prayer with the prayer of Jesus and the great events of salvation are made present in our time and place. Welcomed as we have been, it is our calling then to show the same love and compassion in our daily lives.
God of welcome and compassion: we thank you the Holy Eucharist, in which we know again your love and compassion. Help us to become what we have received. Amen.
The Divine Office – Week I
THE PAROCHIAL NOTICES
- LAST WEEKEND’S COLLECTIONS
Collections R 7 735, 40 Planned Giving R 3 880, 00
Southern Cross R 100, 00 Food fair R 18 595, 00
Thank you most sincerely for your generosity!
A HUGE Thank you to all that made the food fair a fantastic success. From planning, to setting up, to your most generous support and to shutting down. All your help and support does not go unnoticed. Thank you once again on behalf of the Fundraising Committee.
- RAFFLE WINNER of three bottles of Graham Beck Champagne is Michelle Perry. Congratulations!
- THE CLOSING MASS FOR THE BICENTENNIAL CELEBRATION OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IN SOUTHERN AFRICA will take place on 24th June at 14h00 in the Bellville Velodrome. Payment of transport monies (R90) to be settled by 17th June 2018.
- THE SAINT VINCENT DE PAUL SOCIETY is urgently appealing to parishioners for blankets, containers and food items for the needy. It is cold and many people are going to bed hungry. Food slips are available are available at the back of the church as a reminder.
- IN THE SOUTHERN CROSS – What the Church is doing for the Bicentennial; Pilgrimage on Abbott Pfanner Trail; Interview with Winter Theology Priest; Honorary Doctorate for Veteran Priest; How to be the change you want to see. The Editorial: The Great Commandment.
- THE CATHEDRAL OUTREACH – For those individuals who have received wool and have completed their knitting ready for collection and distribution, please contact Anik on 021 439 6987
Please note that if it is your intention to get married in the Catholic Church, you need to give the Church at least six months notice of your intent to get married. Please contact the Cathedral office to set up an appointment with one of the Cathedral clergy to complete the Pre-Nuptial Enquiry.
THE PRAYER FOR RAIN
O God, in whom we live and move, and have our being, grant us sufficient rain, so that, being
supplied with what sustains us in this present life, we may seek more confidently what sustains us for
eternity. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you
in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
PLEASE NOTE THE FORTHCOMING EVENTS
03rd June at 15h00 HOLY HOUR FOR ALL EXTRAORDINARY MINISTERS OF HOLY COMMUNION at Corpus Christi Catholic Church.
10th June at 12h00 HOLY MASS AT THE CATHEDRAL to mark the 200TH Anniversary of the Catholic Church in Southern Africa. The
Celebrant will be Archbishop Stephen Brislin.
13th June at 19h00 HOUSE MASS at the Broadhurst Family Home. The address is 18 Avenue Brittany, Bantry Bay.
16th June at 11h00 YOUTH DAY CELEBRATION. Holy Mass at 11h00. The main celebrant is Archbishop Brislin followed by a light lunch and activities. A tuckshop will be available. Please contact the parish office for further information.
**24th June at 14h00 CLOSING MASS OF THE BICENTENNIAL in the Bellville Velodrome. Admission will be by ticket only. PLEASE NOTE
THAT THERE WILL NOT BE A 17H00 HOLY MASS ON THAT SUNDAY AFTERNOON IN THE CATHEDRAL
03rd – 06th July Schoenstatt Girls Youth will be hosting their annual “Winter Camp” in Schoenstatt, Constantia. For further information, please check the noticeboards.
07th July at 14h15 BINGO TEA at Zonnebloem Retirement Home 08th July at 19h00 The University Of Warsaw Collegium Musicum Chamber
Choir Concert at the Cathedral. Cost of tickets is R100 per person. Soirée in the Cathedral Hall after the concert.
The Banns of Marriage
09th June at 10h00 John Chapwanya & Memory Chindowe Convalidation
09th June at 12h00 Claudias Mahobo & Nyaradzai Serima Convalidation
12th June at 13h10 Muchengeti Hove & Getrude Manjengwa Convalidation
30th June at 14h00 Joseph Sellar & Jade Esau
28th July at 10h00 Clever Mandeya & Addnice Kafemba Convalidation
25th August at 10h00 Josphat Benhura & Pauline Makato Convalidation