Thought for the Day
Traditionally, we have found it easy to think of the cross as the measure of God’s love for us. Perhaps, because of the focus on the cross, we find it more difficult to think of the resurrection as also the love of God, even “all the more so”! The originality of the Fourth Gospel says it all: the disciple Jesus loved, the head cloth recalling Lazarus (see how much he loved him) and, not least, the great figure of Mary Magdalene (Mary!). In summary, Jesus died and rose again for love of us.
Loving God, you love us more than we can imagine or take in. Help us to allow ourselves to be so loved by you, that your love may penetrate our hearts, our lives and our loves. We ask this through Jesus, who died and rose for love of us and who lives and reigns for ever and ever. Amen.
THE PAROCHIAL NOTICES
- LAST WEEKEND’S COLLECTIONS
Collections R 8 631, 00 Planned Giving R 7 080, 00
Southern Cross R 77, 00 Lenten Appeal R 5 137, 70
Thank you most sincerely for your generosity!
- PLEASE NOTE THAT MONDAY 02ND APRIL IS A PUBLIC HOLIDAY. Please note the change in Mass times for Monday morning at Nazareth House
08h00 Holy Mass at Villa Maria
08h00 Holy Mass at Nazareth House (instead of the usual 09h00)
In addition – The Mass of Christian Burial for Sister Winifred Kingstone CSN will be celebrated on Monday morning at 10h00 in the Main Chapel of Nazareth House. The Celebrant with be Archbishop Emeritus George Daniel of Pretoria.
- THE CATHEDRAL OUTREACH NEXT BINGO IS ON SATURDAY 07th APRIL at Zonnebloem Old Age Home. April this year marks the Cathedral Outreach’s 20th If you are able to assist, please contact Anik Broadhurst on 021 439 6987
- THE RITE OF CHRISTIAN INITIATION FOR ADULTS (RCIA) – is a process developed by the Catholic Church for prospective converts to Catholicism. Candidates are gradually introduced to aspects of Catholic belief and practices. The next RCIA group will commence after Easter 2018. Please contact one of the priests in this regard.
- THE SAINT VINCENT DE PAUL SOCIETY is appealing to parishioners for storage space when donations are received. The storage space needs to be accessible to both the Parish Priest and the SVP Executive.
BANNS OF MARRIAGE
07th April at 15h00 Marcello Sangiorgio & Karen Hanson Convalidation
21st April at 12h00 Ikenna Nlemigbo & Ugonna Ijeoma Convalidation
05th May at 14h00 Dale Petersen & Caryn Ziervogel
12th May at 15h00 Laurie Richardson & Samantha de Oliveira
19th May at 16h00 John Ross & Simone Swanepoel Convalidation
Please note that if it is your intention to get married in the Catholic Church, you need to give the Church at least six months notice of your intent to get married. Please contact the Cathedral office to set up an appointment with one of the Cathedral clergy to complete the Pre-Nuptial Enquiry
PRAYER FOR RAIN
O God, in whom we live and move, and have our being, grant us sufficient rain, so that, being supplied
with what sustains us in this present life, we may seek more confidently what sustains us for eternity.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever. Amen.
07th April at 08h00 MONTE ROSA OLD AGED HOME BAZAAR at the Groote Kerk Church Hall in Kloof Street, Gardens.
21st April at 09h30 ENRICH – TRAINING FOR FACILITATORS. This is a new 4 -part program for couples. It should be presented over 4 consecutive weeks by married couples for other married couples in the Parish. Join us for a morning workshop to look at and learn how to work with this new material. VENUE: Atrium at the Chancery, from 09h30 to 12h30. COST: Free WHO SHOULD ATTEND?? Couples who are already involved in the Marriage ministry, Couples wanting to become more involved!
The course is very practical and is meant to help couples improve their relationship skills and to grow closer to one another. RSVP Joan Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org
23rd April at 19h00 PUBLIC LECTURE on The Journey of the Catholic Church towards a Humane Sexual Ethics by Dr Jan Jans of Tilburg University, The Netherlands. Venue: St Joseph’s Marist College Hall, Belmont Road, Rondebosch.
08th July at 19h00 THE UNIVERSITY OF WARSAW COLLEGIUM MUSICUM CHAMBER CHOIR CONCERT at the Cathedral. Cost of tickets is R100 per person. Soirée in the Cathedral Hall after the concert.
The Divine Office – Week I