- MIDDAY CONCERT at the Cathedral next Sunday 12th The cost of the ticket is R50 per person. Looking forward to your support.
- PRISON MINISTRY SUNDAY – There will be a second collection this weekend for support of the prison ministry in the Archdiocese.
- MORTUARY LIST – Dear Parishioners, the month of November will afford you the opportunity to update the list of the deceased of the parish. Please use the envelopes that will be provided to include the names of the deceased you wish to have masses said. Include these and your stipend in the envelopes and return them in the collection plate. You will notice in the weekly newsletter that weekly masses are celebrated by the clergy of the Archdiocese for all the faithful departed.
- SPECIAL COLLECTION FOR MEXICO – The Archbishop has asked all parishes to hold a special collection on the weekend of 11th and 12th November for the Mexicans who were affected by the earthquakes. The donations will be sent to the SACBC Conference who will forward it to CARITAS in Mexico
LAST WEEKEND’S COLLECTIONS
Collections R 6 585, 40 Planned Giving R 9 070, 00
Southern Cross R 459, 60 Candle Monies R 637, 00
Mission Sunday R 2 476, 90
NEW HYMNBOOKS – As a matter of urgency, because of the current state of the hymnbooks in the Cathedral, with pages missing and the books being in a bad state of repair we will need to replace the current batch with 300 new hymnbooks. Since the hymnbooks are only printed in England the cost of a hymnal is about R140 each; which means we have to raise R42 000. Thus far we have raised R29 000
If individuals or families which to make donations towards this fundraising drive, please deposit the monies into the Cathedral Restoration Account with the reference HB followed by either your Planned Giving Number or Surname.
Here are the banking details: Name A/c St Mary’s Cathedral Restoration
Bank Standard Bank
Type A/c Current Account
Branch Nº 02 09 09
Account Nº 070 624 623
- IN THIS WEEK’S SOUTHERN CROSS – SA’s Churches came together in Catholic Cathedral; Party girls’ TV make-over in convent; Beer named for chainsaw nun; Christianity 100 years after communist revolution; Follow in the footsteps of the departed. THIS WEEK’S EDITORIAL: That they may be one
- All members of the Parish Pastoral Council please note that there will be a PPC Meeting on Thursday 09th November at 18h30 in the Parish Room at Nazareth House.
- The Young Adults Group of the Cathedral Parish will be visiting the Fikele Children’s Centre in Khayelitsha on 10 December to celebrate Christmas with the children at the home. The Centre looks after 40 HIV+ children aged between 0-8 years old. They hereby make an appeal to all parishioners to donate toiletries and/or non-perishable food. A basket will be placed at the entrance of the church over the coming Sundays. Feel free to contact the Parish Office in case you wish to make a monetary donation.
- HOLY HOUR TO PRAY FOR THE PRIESTS OF THE ARCHDIOCESE on Saturday 11th November between 16h00 and 17h00 at Villa Maria Shrine in Tamboerskloof.
- ANNUAL MASS FOR DECEASED CLERGY, RELIGIOUS AND BENEFACTORS OF THE ARCHDIOCESE on Wednesday 29th November at 12h00 in St Michael’s Catholic Church, Rondebosch.
- THE CAPE TOWN YOUTH CHOIR SUMMER CONCERT WILL BE HELD AT THE CATHEDRAL ON SATURDAY 02 DECEMBER AT 19h30. Tickets can be purchased on www.quicket.co.za
- PARISH FINANCE COUNCIL MEETING on Tuesday 12th December at 18h30
- THE ORDINATION TO THE PRIESTHOOD of Reverend Shaun Addinall on Friday 15th December 2017 at 19h00 in Our Lady Help of Christians Catholic Church, Lansdowne.
THE BANNS OF MARRIAGE
18th November at 12h00 Sidney Ngbe & Nzebechukwu Oguegbulu
25th November at 12h00 Robert Leke Gana Etoke & Maria Makhabane
at 16h00 David Fang & Briony Bairstow
16th December at 14h00 Kirk Fortuin & Caroline Arendse
at 16h00 Glen Marie & Danielle le Roux
at 16h00 Thomas Brennan & Nina Dreyer