LAST WEEKEND’S COLLECTIONS
Collections R 6 226, 05 Planned Giving R 3 240, 00
Southern Cross R 56, 00
Welcome to the Cathedral Parish! We hope you will be happy here. If you want to register or join our Planned Giving Campaign, please to so either via the parish office or Parish Website. Direct transfers are also in order.
Account name Bank Type Acc. Branch No. Account Number
St Marys Cathedral Standard Current 020-909 071 564 780
NEW HYMNBOOKS – As a matter of urgency, because of the current state of the hymnbooks in the Cathedral, with pages missing and the books being in a bad state of repair we will need to replace the current batch with 300 new hymnbooks. Since the hymnbooks are only printed in England the cost of a hymnal is about R140 each; which means we have to raise R42 000. Thus far we have raised R25 380
If individuals or families which to make donations towards this fundraising drive, please deposit the monies into the Cathedral Restoration Account with the reference HB followed by either your Planned Giving Number or Surname.
Here are the banking details: Name A/c St Mary’s Cathedral Restoration
Bank Standard Bank
Type A/c Current Account
Branch Nº 02 09 09
Account Nº 070 624 623
- MISSION SUNDAY COLLECTION – The second collection this weekend is in aid of all the mission work done throughout the world.
- THE SOUTHERN CROSS – Church wary of new religion law plan; Two ex-SA bishops remembered; How to plan a Catholic funeral; What’s behind the ‘Santa Muerte” cult?; The Vocation to the single life. THIS WEEK’S EDITORIAL: The #metoo campaign
- HOLY HOUR AND BENEDICTION – Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and Benediction will be celebrated on Friday, 03rd November at Nazareth House Chapel from 17h30 – 18h30.
- BINGO/TEA – The Cathedral Care Group will have a Bingo/Tea on Saturday 04th November at Monte Rosa at 14h15. All interested in joining in and helping on the day or baking cookies contact Anik on 021 439 6987. Please bring along toiletries for little prizes. New faces are always welcome.
- BAPTISMS – will be celebrated on Sunday 05th November at the 10h00 Holy Mass. Instruction Class on Thursday 02nd November at 19h00 in the Leslie Johnson Memorial Centre
- PRISON MINISTRY SUNDAY – There will be a second collection next weekend for support of the prison ministry in the Archdiocese. Envelopes are made available at the entrance of the church.
- MORTUARY LIST – Dear Parishioners, the month of November will afford you the opportunity to update the list of the deceased of the parish. Please use the envelopes that will be provided to include the names of the deceased you wish to have masses said. Include these and your stipend in the envelopes and return them in the collection plate. You will notice that weekly masses are offered by the clergy of the Archdiocese for all the faithful departed.
- MIDDAY CONCERT: At the Cathedral on Sunday 12th The cost of the ticket is R50 per person. Looking forward to your support.
- PLEASE NOTE: CAPE TOWN YOUTH CHOIR CONCERT AT THE CATHEDRAL ON SATURDAY 02 DECEMBER AT 19h30
SPECIAL COLLECTION FOR MEXICO – The Archbishop has asked all parishes to hold a special collection on the weekend of 11th and 12th November for the Mexicans who were affected by the earthquakes. The donations will be sent to the SACBC Conference who will forward it to CARITAS in Mexico.