NEW HYMNBOOKS – As a matter of urgency, because of the current state of the hymnbooks in the Cathedral, with pages missing and the books being in a bad state of repair we will need to replace the current batch with 500 new hymnbooks. Since the hymnbooks are only printed in England the cost of a hymnal is about R140 each; which means we have to raise R72 500. Thus far we have raised R14 660
If individuals or families which to make donations towards this fundraising drive, please deposit the monies into the Cathedral Restoration Account with the reference HB followed by either your Planned Giving Number or Surname.
Here are the banking details: Name A/c St Mary’s Cathedral Restoration
Bank Standard Bank
Type A/c Current Account
Branch Nº 02 09 09
Account Nº 070 624 623
- LAST WEEKEND’S COLLECTIONS
Collections R 5 209, 80 Planned Giving R 1 740, 00
Southern Cross R 1 053, 50 2nd Collection R 4 256, 70
Candles R 2 324, 50
- EXTRAORDINARY SECOND COLLECTION – This weekend’s second collection is going towards the farewell and welcome celebrations of Fr. Bernard Makore and Fr. Celestine Okekeofojebe respectively. Thank you, once again, for your generosity in this regard so far.
- THE SOUTHERN CROSS – Call to prayer every Friday for South Africa; Interview with Sr. Hermenegeld Makoro CPS; What new Blessed Benedict Daswa Medal looks like; South African Church History: the colonial scars; The chase for fairy-tale weddings. THIS WEEK’S EDITORIAL: Worse than Apartheid
- The monthly Covenant Mass will be celebrated on Wednesday 18th October at 19h30 in the Schoenstatt Shrine at Villa Maria.
- PLEASE NOTE: THE CARDINAL VAUGHN SCHOLA CANTORUM, BASED IN KENSINGTON IN LONDON will be on a South African Tour for the first time, commencing on 20th They will be singing at the 18h00 Holy Mass in the Cathedral, next Saturday 28th October.
- FIRST HOLY COMMUNION will be celebrated in the Cathedral on Sunday 29th October at the 10h00 Holy Mass.
- PLEASE NOTE: There will be a Midday Concert in the Cathedral on Sunday 12th The cost of the ticket is R50 per person. Looking forward to your support.
SPECIAL COLLECTION FOR MEXICO – The Archbishop has asked all parishes to hold a special collection on the weekend of 11th and 12th November for the Mexicans who were affected by the earthquakes. The donations will be sent to the SACBC Conference who will forward it to CARITAS in Mexico.