- LAST WEEKEND’S COLLECTIONS Collections R 5 774,80 Planned Giving R 2 550,00 Southern Cross 80,00
- SAINT VINCENT DE PAUL – Urgently calling on all interested persons who would be willing to serve in the SVP. Please contact Stephen Penso on 021 425 4115 or 083 994 3807.
- ECCLESIA – Are we brave enough to examine our history? We do need to be! Please join us as we look back at 200 years of the Catholic Church in Southern Africa. To join an Ecclesia group for the four weeks, please contact Ninette Irakoze 0739632556, Margie Cook 0824618607 or Michael Baker 0824938493
- BENEDICTION – Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and Benediction will be celebrated on Friday, 06th October at Nazareth House from 17h30 – 18h30.
- SECOND COLLECTION – This weekend second collection is for Priests’ Provident Fund. The collection help, us to provide for all our Priests who gave many years of service in the Archdiocese. Thank you for your support. They remember you in prayer.
- THE SOUTHERN CROSS – From ashes to beauty: A story of God; The lives of the three Fatima children; “Iron Nun”, 87, would love to run in SA; Fr. Tom on his kidnap ordeal; Use facts and faith to fight corruption THIS WEEK’S EDITORIAL: Translating liturgy.
- PLEASE NOTE that Bernard Makore will be away for his annual leave from Monday 18th September until Friday 20th October.
- CLERGY CHANGES IN THE ARCHDIOCESE – Father Bernard Makore has been appointed as the new assistant priest in Stellenbosch parish effective on 23rd Reverend Father Celestine Okekeofojebe has been appointed the new assistant in the Cathedral parish also effective on Monday 23rd October.
NEW HYMNBOOKS – As a matter of urgency, because of the current state of the hymnbooks in the Cathedral, with pages missing and the books being in a bad state of repair we will need to replace the current batch with 500 new hymnbooks, namely THE CELEBRATIONAL HYMNAL FOR EVERYONE. Since the hymnbooks are only printed in England the cost of a hymnal is about R140 each; which means we have to raise R72 500.
If individuals or families which to make donations towards this fundraising drive, please deposit the monies into the Cathedral Restoration Account with the reference HB followed by either your Planned Giving Number or Surname.
Here are the banking details:
Name A/c St Mary’s Cathedral Restoration
Bank Standard Bank
Type A/c Current Account
Branch Nº 02 09 09
Account Nº 070 624 623
- PLEASE NOTE: There will be a Midday Concert in the Cathedral on Sunday 12th The cost of the ticket is R50 per person. Looking forward to your support.
- PLEASE NOTE – WE WILL HAVE SECOND COLLECTION NEXT WEEKEND AND THE FOLLOWING WEEKEND TOWARDS THE FAREWELL AND WELCOME OF FATHER BERNARD AND FATHER CELESTINE RESPECTIVELY.